Thursday, August 24, 2006

pianos and golf

Last night I went to a dueling piano bar to celebrate a friend's birthday. It was actually pretty fun. The people that play the piano also sing, play drums and the bass. They were all really good at what they did and made it fun for the audience. Everyone sings along with them so it is kind of like karaoke. You can even request songs and the more money you give them, the more likely they will play the song. Or you can pay them to not play the song that someone requested. Someone paid them $15 to not play "If I had a million dollars." I guess dueling pianos is one of those things that is so not cool it transitions back to cool (but only if you are drinking or in the right mood). Funny how a change in attitude can make something that is really dumb become fun.

I got a phone call while I was at the bar. It was from some drunk girl telling me about pub golf. :) Funny how something so silly can bring back such great memories.

2 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger sarah said...

did she call you more than once? because she couldn't remember she called only 10 minutes before....that was cracking me up all day!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger riverocker said...

she text-messaged once and called once. i was cracking up from the very out of focus pic. that she sent :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home