likes and dislikes
The street that my bus drives down was under construction today (and will be for weeks, I think(. A bunch of stops were closed. Everyone else seemed to understand this except for one woman. She argued with the bus driver and demanded to be let out into traffic. The added walking distance was about 1.5 blocks and she was perfectly healthy.
My friend Kate's baby is officially due tomorrow. I hope everything goes well.
I feel like I am spending most of my time at work catching up and learning new things that I think are pretty difficult. At least it is challenging but it makes me feel dumb.
Leslie asked me today what i like and don't like about campus here. I made a list:
What i like:
easy to get to by bus (free too)
relatively good food on campus
no construction outside of my office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
campus is kind of pretty, i guess.
i have my own office
the grad students and professors all seem friendly
our lab is nice and clean and I don't have to pick up bird's wings off the floor or shiver in the cold and I can hear things when it rains (unlike my flume at school)
if i were a man I would love the fact that most of the girls on campus are in good shape, pretty attractive and wear almost no clothes. I haven't noticed the same general trend in the male population unfortunately. :)
What I don't like:
i have no windows in my office
the undergrad. students are obsessed with parties and bother me with dumb questions
no good cheap berkeley-type food nearby
only starbucks nearby (I used to boycott starbucks in Berkeley and now it is the only place that is close. I realized that they really have yummy chocolate cookies though...)
my building is so airconditioned that i have to wear a sweater when it is 118 degrees outside
my old friends are not here
i can't walk home for lunch
the library and the online journal selection sucks (relatively speaking, of course)


3 Comments:
i am so jealous that you don't have construction outside your office window. in fact i almost hate you for that fact. :-) -L
ditto on the starbucks cookies in zurich...
There is construction outside of my building so if I actually had a window I would probably hear endless jackhammers and backing-up trucks. just like you!
Post a Comment
<< Home