Wales
So...I am way behind in posting. I was out of town for a week because I had an interview for a postdoc in Wales. I only found out about the interview six days before I had to fly to Wales. It was an adventure. The airline lost my luggage. It somehow ended up on the baggage claim in Phoenix, which was where it was supposed to get on the plane with me! Then some random man accidentally took my luggage home and then realized that it wasn't his suitcase. He called me and returned it to the airport. So, I didn't get my luggage until 48 hours after arriving in Wales. I couldn't wear the jeans that I had been wearing for 30+ hours to my interview! All the shops closed there at six pm so I had to run out in the morning and buy a dress and shoes before my interview at 11 am. I spent way too much money on the dress but it was really pretty. The shoes gave me bloody ankles by the time I got to the interview. Anyway, after that everything was fine.
a castle in Aberystwyth
I then met up with Bunny and Doug in Wales. We went for a hike, ate waaaay too much food, drank tons of beer, had proper tea and Sunday lunch, saw Stonehenge and went out dancing at the Rugby club with crazy rugby players. One of the guys was so drunk that he had problems keeping his pants up.... It was an amusing and fun night.

Then Bunny and I met up with Sarah. We ate more food, drank more beer, toured Oxford and did a little shopping. Thanks guys for meeting up with me! More photos from the trip are on my flikr account (see side bar)
Now, I am back in Arizona. I got some really bad news about an extended family member when I returned and I am trying to process the information.


1 Comments:
Beautiful pictures!
Hope you're doing ok w/ your news...
We need to talk some more soon...
Post a Comment
<< Home