Vegas, canceled trips and general malaise
Last week was spring break, which means absolutely nothing to me now. Not that it ever really meant anything when I was a graduate student either....A friend and I went to Vegas for one night. Vegas is about 6 hours away from Tempe so we spent most of our two day trip driving and were only in Vegas for 23 hours.
I had never been before and I think 23 hours was enough for me even though they were a great 23 hours.
We gambled at the nickel slots (we are both cheap), ate at a good restaurant and then spent the rest of our time dancing at Studio 54 in the MGM. We both wore really high heals and walking back to our hotel was extremely painful. I think it took us around 45 minutes and at one point we both took off our shoes and walked barefoot on the strip (GROSS!). We finally broke down and got a cab a few blocks from our hotel. The cab was immediately pulled over by a cop for picking us up in a restricted area. Fun times!more pics here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/emyager/OneNightInVegas
I went to Renaissance festival last weekend. It was insane. I don't even know where to begin describing the culture of this event. We lasted 2.5 hours and then bolted.
My friend Amy and her husband were supposed to come out to visit last weekend. The snow/ice storm unfortunately kept them on the east coast. Lame. It was almost 100 degrees here though.
I am pretty sure that I didn't get an offer that I wanted and am pretty bummed. Many of my friends seem to have had something bad happen to them recently. It seems like these things go in cycles. Or maybe we only really notice trends when they have negative consequences? I don't know. For the most extreme example: In the past year, three people that are significant parts of my friends'/family's lives have died. Many other smaller (but still significant) things have happened recently. Sometimes I am overwhelmed by feelings of sorrow. Such is life, I guess.


1 Comments:
your nipple picture is my favorite
Post a Comment
<< Home