running in the wind
I went running today by Tempe Town Lake. It is really windy here (weather forecast said up to 40 mph winds). I barely moved forward when I was running into the wind. It was pretty comical for anyone who was watching.. My eyes and mouth have a ton of dirt in them from blowing sand. The lake had really great waves on it and I couldn't help but think of standing waves and Froude numbers. Then I realized that grad school has ruined the simple appreciation of nature that I had at one time...It was that appreciation of nature that motivated me to become a geologist. Kind of ironic.
Some crazy guy came to my office yesterday. He was looking for someone to let him into some room in my building. I think that he is crazy because he came to my office a few months ago and we had almost the exact same conversation. I am not exaggerating either. He seemed to have no memory of our previous conversation or of me.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home